Hi viewers! I hope all is well. Here's the update. I continued to plan further for the commercial. Initially, I only had one song, but now I have two. " Angel " by Halle and " I Can " by Chronixx. Angel fits the beginning of the commercial as the start of the song is filled with questions that everyone has answers to. For example, the lyrics " Do you still swim in your thoughts? Do you still mistake your flaws for property ?" Are lyrics that I think everyone can relate to. "I Can" by Chronixx is more of a cultural selection. As a Jamaican, I wanted the film to represent my roots. This song fulfills that desire as it is a reggae song. "I Can" fits the ending of the commercial as it shows the important stages of my life, setting the mood sentimentally. I made some slight changes to the arrangements I had previously made. I removed the 'All-About-Me' sheet and replaced it with a question. I started filming some scenes along ...
Welcome everyone, let's get straight into the research! What elements (Conventions) of the genre that you chose to base your final task on does this movie Elements in this movie from the thriller genre that I am using in my final task are shot reverse shot, low lighting, and props. This combination of elements creates a sense of anticipation and tension, creating a suspenseful narrative. The movie's use of props, for example, the notebook, enhances the overall viewing experience. I will ensure that my final task conveys a thrilling sense of suspense by incorporating these elements similar to the movie. What elements (Conventions) of the genre did the movie have that you like? The main element that I enjoyed in the movie was the acting, which is very important in the thriller genre. A great deal of emphasis was put on the facial expressions and body language of the main female character, which enhanced the movie by displaying her struggle. Her performance was so convincing t...
Welcome! Today we will be discussing how I decided to change the font for my short film. When I first started working on the project, I chose “Bodoni 72 Oldstyle” and “Chalkduster” as the primary fonts for the title and credits. At first glance, they seemed fitting. "Bodoni 72 Oldstyle" had an elegant, classic feel, while "Chalkduster" added a playful, handwritten element. However, as the project developed, I realized these fonts didn’t align with the vibe I wanted to create. Instead of conveying romance, the fonts gave off a more horror-like atmosphere. The group and I noticed this during the early review stages. We discussed how the typefaces shaped the tone of the film. "Bodoni 72 Oldstyle" was too formal and stark, which paired with the script, felt eerie. "Chalkduster," while casual, had a rough and unsettling quality that leaned toward a thriller or horror genre. The realization hit me that the fonts were unintentionally misleading the au...
Comments
Post a Comment